Ensure your Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) is renewed each financial year.
SECR was introduced in April 2019, to make carbon and energy reporting easier for companies, by aligning it with existing mandatory reporting procedures. It is used to help encourage businesses to increase the energy efficiency of their properties and reduce their carbon emissions. As it is the start of a new financial year for many organisations, a renewed SECR report is required.
Three types of business groups will be affected and will need to annually report their Greenhouse Gas emissions, alongside a plan detailing how they can be reduced.
The three groups this affects are:
- Quoted companies of any size that are already obliged to report their Greenhouse Gas annually.
- Unquoted companies incorporated in the UK that are defined as ‘large’ under the Companies Act 2006. This applies to registered and unregistered companies.
- ‘Large’ Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs) will be required to prepare and file a ‘Energy and Carbon Report’.
Companies are classified as a ‘large organisation’ if they meet the following conditions:
- They employ 250 or more employees.
- They turnover more than 36 million annually.
- They have an annual balance sheet total of 18 million or more.
Compliance365 can help ensure your organisation complies to SECR legislation every financial year.
Our experienced consultants will also be able to work with you to develop innovative ways to reduce your carbon emissions, working alongside your current energy & carbon committees to ensure best practices.
To find out more, contact our friendly team today on 01924 669940 or send an email to email@example.com