Section 63 Action Plan
What is an Action Plan?
An action plan identifies targets for improvement of the carbon and energy performance of a building, and implies how they can be met through physical improvements to the property. Under Section 63 of the Climate Change (Scotland) Act 2009 it is now a legal requirement for owners of non-domestic buildings to evaluate and improve the energy efficiency of their properties as well as cut greenhouse gas emissions.
Who does an Action Plan apply to?
An action plan applies to buildings which do not comply with the 2002 and later Scottish Building Standards meet the following;
- Landlords with non-domestic buildings which have a floor area of over 1,000 m²
- Units within non-domestic buildings that are designed or altered to be used separately with a floor area over 1,000 m²
What does a Action Plan Require?
An action plan requires landlords to provide an action plan free of charge on their properties carbon and energy performance report (ACEP) when a property is being sold or let, which includes supplying purchasers or tenants with an EPC and an action plan. The action plan must specify a target of their buildings desired energy performance and carbon emissions rating along with stating how it can be reached.
Action plans can only be prepared and issued by registered Section 63 Advisers following an assessment of the building. Our Lead Energy Consultant is accredited to complete and issue action plans, meaning Compliance365 can help your organisation to become compliant by;
- Providing advice on the regulation and how it may affect you
- Assessing the energy efficiency of a building by providing an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- Issuing an action plan to outline the improvements required to make sure your property complies with the regulations
- Provide Budget costs for the improvements we propose
Compliance365 is the trading name of Energy & Compliance Technology Limited. Registered Office 6 Mariner Court, Calder Park, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF4 3FL. Registration No 07311760. VAT No. 115198421