What does Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting mean for your business and how can you ensure compliance with the legislation?
Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) has been devised to make carbon and energy reporting easier for companies, by aligning it with existing mandatory reporting procedures. SECR legislation came into force on the 1st of April 2019.
SECR has been introduced to help businesses increase the energy efficiency of their properties and reduce carbon emissions. The legislation has been designed to recognise any areas of wasted energy, saving your business money in the process.
Under the new SECR legislation, three types of business groups will be affected and will need to annually report their Greenhouse Gas emissions, along with a plan for how to reduce them.
- Quoted companies of any size that are already obliged to report their Greenhouse Gases annually.
- Unquoted companies incorporated in the UK that are defined as ‘large’ under the Companies Act 2016.
- ‘Large’ Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs) will be required to prepare and file an Energy and Carbon Report.
A large company is classified if:
- They employ 250 or more employees
- They turnover 36 million annually
- They have an annual balance sheet that totals 18 million or more
Although SECR is a fairly new legislation, when it comes to carbon and energy reporting, the team here at Compliance365 are extremely knowledgeable. We’d be happy to talk to you about SECR and what it means for your business.
Compliance365 will help you to collect your information through our C365cloud Compliance software which will then be presented back to you in an Executive Summary, suitable for you Director’s Report.
Our experienced consultants will also be able to work with you to develop innovative ways to reduce your carbon emissions, working alongside your current energy & carbon committees to ensure best practices. This will ensure your company is compliant with SECR, but also reducing carbon emissions to help the environment and reducing costs.
To find out more, contact our friendly team today on 01924 669940 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.